Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Capacity Building in Higher Education
Key Action 2
PROJECT NUMBER: 586273-EPP-1-2017-1-EL-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
CLICHA: Climate Change in Agriculture
The primary sector, plant and animal production, depends a lot on the climatic conditions and it is expected to carry most of the weight of this change. Therefore, adjustments are necessary in the way that we perform agriculture; adjustments that will allow the continuation of the production of quality food from animal and plant origin and that will ensure the survival of the human race. In this direction, the wider objective of this project is to create qualified scientists who will contribute to the development of environmentally friendly and sustainable agriculture and will be readily absorbed by the labour market.
The key actions of this project will be:
- the development, testing and adaptation of new content for courses, learning materials and tools and
- the university-enterprise cooperation.
The major outputs of this project will be:
- new updated material in the field of “climate change, crop and animal production” in two languages (French and English),
- the development of the relevant courses,
- the development of modern learning materials (educational and mechanical equipment related to the courses) and
- the development of learning tools (e-learning platform, dynamic web site), that will all contribute to the succession of the wider objective of the project.
The impact of this project is expected to be significant since:
- it will provide the HEI’s with the appropriate tools to produce highly trained scientists in the respective field,
- it will strengthen the internationalization of HEI and the capacity to network effectively in research, scientific and technological innovation and
- it possesses a strong dissemination WP, involving all stakeholders.